We're delighted to offer an expanded after-school program beginning in the 2018-19 school year. We aim to create an after-school atmosphere that is meaningfully different from the school day, with less formal structure and more open time to connect, work, and create. All after-school options are offered on a drop-in basis; the first hour of after-school (3:30-4:30) is free for all students. Special thanks to the many students and parents who informed the design of these programs.
3:30 - 4:30
- Clubs: Each school day, one or more different Clubs are offered by either faculty or parent volunteers from dismissal at 3:30 until 4:30pm. In 2017-18, we offered a Robotics Club, Yearbook Club, Model UN Club, Improv Club, and Math Competition Club. Note that some clubs have limited space. 2018-19 clubs will be announced at the start of the school year.
- Millennium Café: At 3:30, our Hub multi-purpose room turns into the Millennium Café, which is both a study and meeting place for students, and a student-operated businesses selling refreshments. Like a good café, the aim is to create a comfortable environment for quiet conversation, meetings, or independent reading or study. As a student-led enterprise, the Café is also a way for students to practice their entrepreneurial skills and to raise money for student trips.
4:30 - 6:00
- Millennium Café: Continues service in the Hub.
- Arts & Tinkering Lab: Our Maker Space will host students working on artistic projects or tinkering and building, with a teacher present to support, supervise and facilitate.
- Library: Our small library upstairs is to available for a silent study hall for students working or reading.
- 3:30 - 4:30 is free every day for all students, including Clubs and the Millennium Café.
- 4:30 - 6:00 is available at $12/hour, billed in half-hour increments.
- Our After-School Coordinator will check students in and out of after-school programming each afternoon. Based on those records, families will receive a monthly bill via SmartTuition for after-school services used.
- Families on 80%+ flexible tuition may participate in the 4:30-6:00PM block of after-school programming free of charge.
Special Note on Technology:
- Our technology policies from the school day will continue after-school, in an effort to create a connected, present atmosphere. This means that students' phones will stay deposited as they are during the school day, to be retrieved when students leave the building. Students will still have access to their usual school laptops for school-related work, and can communicate with families via the school phone.