We know parents are both busy and committed to their child’s healthy nutrition, which in turn impacts students' ability to concentrate at school. We also know that students’ experiences in the kitchen prior to joining the Millennium community range widely, from those who have never boiled an egg or peeled a carrot, to those who have grown up in the kitchens of their families’ restaurants. We’ve designed a simple meal program with two main components: optional direct access to School Foodies -- an affordable lunch service provider that offers a variety of health choices every day, and a weekly Food Literacy program that includes basic cooking skills, nutrition mini-lessons, mindful eating exercises, and field trips. Students have fun working together in teams to prepare food from scratch to share with their peers, and will learn about topics such as processed versus whole foods, the gut biome, food label literacy, sustainability eating and farming, and more.
Ordering from School Foodies is optional. You will need to create an account directly with them and manage payment and lunch selection on your own. For families that have participated in the past, please note that this year, because we have moved our Food Literacy curriculum to the afternoons, we will not have communal lunches on Wednesdays, and you should order a lunch for every day of the week, including Wednesday unless otherwise advised.
Note that for families who are on full scholarship, discounted meals will be provided. However, you must still set up an online account so that you can manage your meals.
How do I order School Foodies?
If you are existing user, you can continue to use your account. To create a new account:
- Visit www.SchoolFoodies.com. Click “Register” and create your account.
- Proceed to “Add Student.” You will need your school’s registration code, which is: mschool. Your menus for August/September/October will post on, or before August 15th. You will not be able to place orders until the menus are posted.
- Proceed to the “Order Policy” for important ordering details.
- Proceed to “New Order” and place the orders on the days you wish and checkout.
Other Notes about School Foodies
- School Foodies is a nut-free facility.
- See sample menu items in this flier that School Foodies made for Millennium School.
- Order deadlines: Online orders are due by 9 a.m. 3 days prior to the date of service. For example, the online order deadline is Friday at 9 a.m. for Monday service, Saturday at 9 a.m. for Tuesday service, Tuesday at 9 a.m. for Friday service, etc. An emergency meal option is available to order online up until 5 a.m. on the same day of service.
- Modifying orders: Need to cancel or change a lunch? Login into your account and select Modify Order to cancel or change meal selections. The deadline to cancel/change a prior order is the same as the order deadline. However, you can call or e-mail to make changes after the deadline. Simply e-mail or call us with your request up until the day of service for full credit.
- Contact info: If you have questions, contact the company at: email@example.com, or 510-556-8900.
- Mobile compatibility: Want to place orders on the go? Download the mobile app on the website. After the download is complete please enter “schoolfoodies” as the caterer code. You can then proceed to login using your existing account, or create a new account.